viernes, 31 de mayo de 2013

Modals verbs

MODALS VERBS.
Modals Verbs.
Examples.
Uses.

Can.
I can speak five languages. Ability (habilidad, capacidad )
Can you help me?Request ( peticion)
We can work late tonight if you need us.Possibility ( posibilidad)
Can't
Bill and Tom can't help you.Possibility and request in negative
Could.
Joe could speak Spanish when he was young.Possibility ( posibilidad) and request in past

May/might.
May I have a glass of water?Request ( peticion)
It might be better to finish this now, rather than wait until tomorrow.Possibility ( posibilidad) in future
Would
Would you like some coffee?To prefer and recomendation
Woulden't
I wouldn't do that if I were youTo prefer and recomendation in negative

Should
They should practice more if they want to win the championship. Advise ( consejo)
Shouldn't
You shouldn't work so hard.Advise in negative

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario